Concord College is committed to comply with the recently enacted Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010 in protecting its students’ personal information that has been processed by Concord College. We hope this section gives you as a student, a good understanding on how we handle your personal data that we collect and how you can control the disclosure of such data.
The information on the enforcement of PDPA 2010 which is provided below is in relation to the nature and type of data processed; how your data is collected and used; to whom your data can be disclosed; and your right to access and correct your personal information.
What Personal Data We Process?
Concord College needs to process (that is, collect, use, store and ultimately destroy) your personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, your personal data that we collect and process, includes but not restricted to:
Name, Identification number (NRIC), Passport number, Address, Contact numbers, Gender, Date of birth, Previous qualification, Personal email address, Photo and images, Marital status, Emergencies contact person(s) details, Family / guardian information.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act and these include, but not restricted to:
Race, Religion, Health, Records of misconduct and disciplinary action, Records of criminal offence
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by Concord College and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your interests.
Provision of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of Concord College is mandatory, unless specified otherwise. This is to enable us to process your application and / or request for our services.
Should you fail to provide the said information, Concord College will be unable to process your request and / or provide you with the relevant services.
How do We Use Your Data?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- To process application for admission
- To maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records
- To facilitate the internships, placement or industrial training as well as co-curricular related activities
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counselling and financial aids services
- To manage the use of facilities such as library, hostel, laboratories and so on
- To administer the graduation and alumni related events
- To administer the tuition fee and other payment
- To communicate with students on any important announcements including matters relating to career services, postgraduate studies and alumni
- To collect and relay information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or examination boards
- To contact student’ s next of kin in case of emergency
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirements
How is Your Data Collected?
Most, if not all, of your personal data was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided and this may include:
- Enquiry Form
- Various type of Application and / or Registration Forms
- All other School and / or Support Services related Request Forms
- Previous qualification related documents and / or certificates
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- Third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities
- Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above
- Personal data which are available in the public domain
- Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of Concord College website
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Concord College will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws / guidelines, Concord College may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- The Ministry of Higher Education, other relevant government departments / agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
- Malaysian Immigration Department and its appointed agencies
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies
- The police and other enforcement agencies where and when required
- Your sponsors including your parents / guardians
- Third parties that provide the internships or attachment placements
- Professional or accreditation bodies
- Concord College external counterparts providing dual degrees, articulation or progression of study
- Third parties appointed by Concord College to provide services to Concord College such as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organiser and insurance companies
- Other institutions or companies within Concord College Education Group